Saturday, July 12, 2014

Planning for M.Tech. from NIT SriNagar- Should I Go or Not?

Hi, How have you been? For me, last one month was a total relax, however, a little bit lazy though. In june I published my eBook titled "Everyday battle with the Paruresis aka Shy Bladder" on the Amazon's kindle platform. I am glad that eBook has started to do the business, and I have hopes that once the book reaches up to the the desired customers, it will be selling itself at the rate of around 500 copies a month.
Now I am on my next eBook, this will be on the cure for smoking habits, through my own experience. Apart from the writing, as of now, I am confused a little bit. After cracking the GATE 2014, with an all India rank of 6199, I am not getting much of the options for pursuing my M.Tech. 
In the 4th round of the ccmt(Centralized counselling for M.Tech/M.Arch./M.Plan Admissions) 2014, I got a seat at NIT Srinagar, in the Water Resources Engineering (WR). 

I wanted a seat in the nearby NIT at Hamirpur, so I am confused if I should take the admission at Srinagar or not, because after round 4, there is the round of spot admission. In the past, they say that the seats gets vacant, after the round 4, because many seats gets cancelled or vancant. 
NIT Srinagar on Google map

I searched that NIT Srinagar is one of the oldest NITs in India, but being situated at Kashmir, which is sometimes linked with the terrorism, many people may not prefer the place. Except this one single negative point, Srinagar has a lot to offer in terms of its scenic beauty and clean, healthy environment. 
NIT Srinagar is situated on a wonderful location, it is located on the western bank of the Dal lake and it on east of the Anchar lake. 
It is situated in the Hazratbal, an urban area, so one will get all the facilities. There is an airport only at a distance of 20-30 kms, but the nearest Railway station is at Jammu. By road, you have to follow the NH-1A renamed as NH-44, to reach this place. 

Place is having an elevation of about 1700m above the MSL, so in winters it gets a load of snowfall and one can enjoy the beauty of the place to the fullest. I am ready to take all the risk but at last one thing that haunts me is not many placements for M.Tech., however, I don't really want a placement, but as an alternative arsenal in my pocket, I need to consider it.

Have you ever met such a situation in your life? What should I do? Should I go for NIT Srinagar or Should I wait for spot round to get admission at NIT Hamirpur? Or Should I leave the idea of M.Tech. and continue my job as a lecturer which is again not a much paying job at all?
Don't get much worried about me, everything I write here is just a self talk, but still I appreciate any response from my friends and readers. 

Thanks for your kind visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment