Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Meditation and Yoga- A New Horizon for Me

Hi, 
I am here to add few more words to my older post because, I never post anything such as a full and final. There is always a place for up gradation which you can find later with your new experience and knowledge.
Recently I read a book titled as "Auto-biography of a Yogi" by Parmahansa Yogananda. He lived a life of a Yogi directed by a cosmic force which was with him since his childhood. He experienced this force at many events and has shared those moments in this book.

He found his Guru Sri Yukteswar Giri and followed the life directed by him. Sri Yukteswar Giri was a disciple of Sri Shyama Charan Lahiri Mahasaya who had learned the Kriya Yoga from that cosmic force the greatest of all Yogis of India, Mahavatar Babaji.

There is a very long story which can not be covered in this post so, you have to read this book by Parmahansa Yogananda to know all.
What I am here to share with you is that now I am curious about the Kriya Yoga and I have searched internet to know the sources to learn this art.

I visited a Youtube Channel in which Mr. Ryan Kurczak is offering free videos of the Kriya Yoga.
Ryan Kurczak is a disciple of one disciples of Swami Parmahansa Yogananda.
As per the Parmahansa Yogananda he has written in his book that it is important to learn Kriya Yoga from one of your Gurus under their guidance so, he didn't shared the techniques in the book by himself.

Guidance is important for learning the true Kriya Yoga so, I was afraid if some people might share the wrong guidelines. Still curiosity makes us watch such videos and I myself watched these videos and found that many of the techniques of the Kriya Yoga are currently in use under different names.

People are teaching them on TV programs with different names. I have not searched much about all their history so it will not be okay to comment on their authenticity. I have this intuition that Kriya Yoga is a very good practice and one must learn these techniques to make their life a better one.

I practice the meditation regularly which, I have not learned from any Guru but through some books on meditation and few TV programs I have learned the "Sau-Hum" meditation and the "Nadi-Shaudhan" or "Anulom-Vilom" or some call it "alternate nostrill breathing".

I also have heard about the Osho-meditation techniques and soon I will put my hands and head on his techniques too.
I also came to know about this interesting mudra known as Venus lock. I see that many Yogis sit in this mudra while they are in meditation. Internet surfing can teach you many things these days, I tried it by myself, and I have an instant feeling that this mudra affects a person in a good way. It is just 3 to 4 months now and I find myself able to concentrate better.


About Venus Lock Mudra:
Venus Lock for men
Here is a picture uploaded to explain the Venus Lock for men. Right thumb is touching the fleshy area at the base of the left hand thumb on the inside face of the hand. So, the little finger is at the bottom of the fingers interlacing grip. You have to sit in this mudra and you have to press a little the fleshy areas at the bases of the thumb.

No comments:

Post a Comment